Another week has flown by. Kennedy is now two weeks old and she is doing great. It is awesome to be home from the hospital and have everyone healthy. We had to take her to the pediatrician the day after we got back from the hospital and she was doing well enough that we didn't have to take her to get her heel pricked again. Her poor heels had little red dots all over them from being pricked over and over so it was a relief to hear that we were done with those. Dr. Krause did tell us we had to come back for a weight check within the week. When we went back on that following Friday, she was past her birth weight, 9.2! Hooray!!
Once we got home and settled, we had some friends bring us dinner which was really nice. Christy set us a meal thing for people to sign up to bring us food so that has really helped us out. Getting the hang of this two kid thing while trying to recover from birthing a child and catching up on sleep has been a bit of a challenge but we are lucky that we have a lot of help and support to help us out. I am also very lucky that Ben can be home in the mornings so that I can sleep in when I have had a night where I haven't slept as much as I would like. On average, Kennedy is going about 4-5 hours at a time. We have even had 2 nights where she went 7 hours straight which was heaven! I of course didn't sleep through the night on those night as I kept waking up to make sure she was OK. As she gets a big bigger and does that, I am sure that I will enjoy those long stretches much more than I am now.
Overall, Kennedy is a great baby. She isn't awake more than about an hour or hour and a half right now before she takes a nap. She is taking a really long early afternoon nap just about everyday and is finally getting up for the morning about 9 or 10. That last feeding in the morning I am bringing her in with me and snuggling a bit. Ben gets up with Avery in the morning so we each have some solo time with the girls, Ben to entertain turbo Avery and me to catch a few extra ZZZZ's. If Kennedy is fussy, we pretty much know she has a big burp. Let me tell you the girl can fart and burp like 30 year old drinking pizza and beer! She can let them rip.
I am also in awe at how similar Kennedy and Avery look. There are many times that I look at her and think how much she is a clone to Avery. She even has the same dimple on her right cheek. The only difference is that Kennedy is a bit more petite than Avery ever was.
We had a few outings with the girls this week. We took them to dinner and the Hotel Del for a family Christmas night and had some friends over as well. She even had a nice big blow out as we were trying to get a nice family shot! I am sure in time I will get the hang of the two kid thing but for now, I am still trying to figure it out. Thank God our girls are pretty easy..
Here are some pics from the week.
First bath!









No comments:
Post a Comment