Template

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Kennedy Week 3

Even though this is Week 3, I still feel like this is Week 2 since we were really in the hospital that first week of her life. Now that we are home we are finally settling into a routine. I am really trying to soak in every moment with Kennedy knowing that this will probably be our last baby. I try to remind myself those middle of the night feedings will only be for a short amount of time and to enjoy my time in the middle of the night because before long, I will want to go wake her up like I do at times with Avery. I also keep reminding myself of all those little babies in the NICU that don't get to go home and can't be held and when I think about things that way, it really puts things in perspective.

Kennedy is sleeping pretty well and going anywhere from 4-6 hours at a time at night. She is having a hard time not spitting up so I am finding that I have to feed her more often since she spits up quite a bit. I am trying to adjust my diet to see if that will help at all too. That seems to be the hardest part about getting her back to bed at night. There are many times when I feed her and put her down and then she spits up and wakes up. She is really good a burping after her feedings but sometimes that doesn't cut it. I am sure that we will figure this out but for now this has made the week a bit more challenging. I also got mastitis which was not fun but a little antibiotics and I am good as new!

Overall she continues to be a really good baby. She rarely cries and sleeps well and before long I know we will have a great schedule for her. I am still bringing her in bed on my chest for that last early morning feeding and we get some nice snuggle time although I don't sleep too well when she is on me, I worry I may sleep to heavy! She is finally getting up about 9 or 10 in the morning and then is up for about an hour or two before she takes another long nap. Ben gets up with Avery and I stay with Kennedy and get a couple more hours of sleep time which is really nice. Ben and Avery are getting some quality daddy and Avery time and she is turning into quite the daddy's girl. She is always asking when he will be home when he is gone at baseball. Kennedy is getting better at holding her head as well so before long she won't be quite the bobble head that she is! She is such a little snuggle bug and we sure are blessed once again!







No comments: