Template

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Kennedy Week 5

Well we had a few nights of 7 hour stretches at night but then other nights are 4.  So basically we can go anywhere from 4-7 hours with no reason as to why it's longer or shorter.  We are working on trying to figure this one out but hey, she is only 5 weeks old so we really can't complain.  I think the hard thing is that we compare everything to what Avery did knowing full well that every kid is unique and different and you really can't compare one to another.   Overall she is still a really good baby.  She has her fussy time in the evenings and I think mainly it's because we can't figure out what time her bed time should be.   It really varies between 830-10 so hopefully we will hammer it out soon and get this little one on a schedule since we all know I am queen of schedules!

We had a busy week with Christmas and all the festivities but Kennedy was a champ through it out.  She has not been pooping much this week so she had one major blow out on Christmas Eve which I bore the effects of and then we had to give her an enema one other night and boy do those work great!  Thirty minutes and holy poop!

Kennedy is turning into a great little shopper when I need to get out of the house as long as it's during her nap time which is about 2 hours after she wakes up in the morning which is still around 9 or 10.  That last feeding I am still bringing her in bed and letting her sleep on my but I know soon enough her schedule will change and those extra snuggles will be no more... sad but I know I will sleep better and then everyone will be happier!

She went to Sea World twice this week and the second time she was actually awake long enough to get to see Santa:)  I know before long I am going to miss her newborn days and cries so I just need to enjoy how little she is and really take in every moment.  She is really beginning to smile and have some personality of her own which is really cute.  She has that same little dimple like Avery and when she laughs and smiles in her sleep, it just about melts my heart.  She is trying to reach for things but still has a ways to go before she can grab on to things but her finger hugs sure are sweet.  Happy New Year!
















No comments: